Finance Manager Position
Crossroads Fund is a public foundation that supports grassroots organizing for racial, social, and economic justice in the Chicago area. This is done through grantmaking, programs, and fundraising using a donor organizing model. Crossroads Fund’s operating budget in Fiscal Year 2020 was $2.1 million with $6.8 million in endowments and other assets.
The Finance Manager is a part-time position that provides strategic direction and oversight of the financial health of Crossroads Fund. Position functions include and are not limited to: accounting, financial analysis and reporting, budget creation, managing fiscal sponsorship, overseeing investment performance, preparing for annual audits, and other required financial compliances reporting. The Finance Manager works closely with all departments, the Executive Director, and the Crossroads Fund Board Treasurer.
● Engage staff members in the creation of budgets that are aligned with Crossroads Fund’s mission of supporting movements while being responsible to our donor community.
● The Finance Manager will ensure that there is regular monitoring of the budget, making adjustments accordingly and maintaining planning and budgeting tools.
● Regular communication to various stakeholders on the budget with special engagement of the Finance Board Committee.
● Process and record deposits using QuickBooks.
● Provide accounting support to Bookkeeper and Operations Manager
● Analyze and interpret financial results via: monthly trends, comparisons to prior years, budgets andbenchmarking.
● In partnership with the Executive Director, provide recommendations for ongoing improvements ofprocesses and procedures to ensure sound financial management.
● Monitor investments performance to guide annual portfolio review for compliance with the BoardInvestment policy.
● Create internal and external reports as required. These include: quarterly reports with narratives,annual financial reports, budget information, and benchmarking analysis.
● Management of the fiscal sponsorship program which includes managing grantees financials, IRScompliance, and reporting to the various stakeholders. The fiscal sponsorship program is closelyaligned to grantees values, needs, and priorities.
Administration and Oversight
● In collaboration with the Executive Director provide information and receive input from the FinanceBoard Committee.
● With the Operations Manager, oversee the preparation for the annual financial audit and 990, reviewthe audit and 990 for accuracy and ensure all regulatory tax/compliance documents are filed in atimely and accurate manner.
● Coordinate data exchange and accuracy between QuickBooks and the grantmaking and fundraisingdatabases.
● Collaborate with the Development and Program Departments to provide financial information requiredto secure grants from foundations.
● Maintain and provide ongoing recommendations on the procedures, polices and internal controls thatensure the integrity of all financial systems.
● Oversee banking functions and banking relationships.
● Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in financial management, book keeping, business, accounting (non-profit preferred) with a minimum of 3 years’ work experience. Other requirements include:
● Demonstrated experience in the financial management of a non-profit organization with anunderstanding of financial concepts, financial statements, budgets and cash flow.
● Ability to communicate financial data to others who may lack a finance background.
● Demonstrated proficiency with databases, finance and bookkeeping (QuickBooks).
● Ability to give great attention to details and manage numerous projects while maintaining a positive attitude.
● Respect for people of all backgrounds and experiences, ability to manage relationships with multiple constituents, strong ability to hold self and others accountable to social justice values.
● Commitment to social change and progressive politics.
● Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
● Sense of humor.
This is a part-time position (25 hours a week) with a salary range of between $40,000 to $45,000 depending on experience. Benefits include paid time off and partial health and retirement benefits. The position reports to the Executive Director. At the moment Crossroads Fund is working remotely with the intentions of being fully in-person in September 2021
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with a deadline of June 30th 2021. Crossroads Fund encourages individuals of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.