Careers at Crossroads Fund
The program was established in 2005 to honor the legacy of Lisa Fittko, a lifetime social justice activist. Lisa is widely known for her courage in leading Jews and members of the anti-Hitler resistance from Nazi-occupied France to Spain during World War II. Lisa later settled in Chicago where she was involved in numerous social justice organizations and movements. The internship has been established by friends of Lisa Fittko with the intention of giving a young person the opportunity to gain knowledge of the social justice arena.
Internship responsibilities include:
• Conduct Interviews selected Crossroads Fund grantees, and create grantee profiles with video, quotes, photographs, and organizational highlights to run on the Crossroads Fund website.
• Assist with the communications work of Crossroads Fund through writing newsletter articles, blogging, and new media like podcasting and film production.
• Assist with fundraising activities, including attending Crossroads Fund’s annual Benefit, Seeds of Change, which will take place on April 5, 2019.
• Work with staff on various fundraising projects that Crossroads Fund is involved in.
• Assist with aspects of the grantmaking process, including reviewing proposals, and going on site visits.
This internship provides a hands-on opportunity to learn both the fundraising and grantmaking process at Crossroads Fund, and the chance to speak to a wide range of our grantee organizations, and learn about their work creating social and economic justice in Chicago.
The Lisa Fittko Intern will be supervised by the Development and Communications Manager.
Young person between the ages of 18 – 30; excellent writing and communication skills; experience with digital photography; video or audio production experience; comfortable with basic programming and website maintenance; ability to work independently; able to make a commitment to the internship's full duration; sense of humor. Commitment to social change and progressive politics, and to the overall mission of the Crossroads Fund is essential.
The commitment of the Lisa Fittko Intern is 20 hours/week, for six months from the date of hire. Compensation is $15/hour.
Submit resume and cover letter by Friday, March 15, 2019.
Emmanuel Garcia, Development and Communications Manager. Crossroads Fund, 3411 W Diversey #20, Chicago, IL 60647. Fax: 773-227-7790 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . NO PHONE CALLS.