Crossroads Fund is a public foundation that supports community organizations working on issues of racial, social and economic justice in the Chicago area. We pool the resources of individuals, foundations, and businesses to build a broad base of support for grassroots organizations fighting for social change. The Program Associate is a full-time salaried position that supports our grantmaking and capacity building programs. The position is *remote* however will transition to a hybrid home/office environment. This position will be interacting directly with grassroots organizing groups in Chicago, administering the grantmaking process, and supporting the Giving Project (The Giving Project is a program that activates a base of donor organizers across race and class in order to move money to grassroots movements for social change. The program features significant time devoted to political education, collective giving, grassroots fundraising and grantmaking).
● Demonstrated commitment to Crossroad Fund’s mission of racial, social, and economic justice.
● Strong understanding of community organizations, organizing, direct action, and/or movement building.
● Excellent writing skills and close attention to detail.
● Ability to balance assignments, establish priorities, and ask for support when needed.
● Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships.
● Demonstrated experience working closely with a wide variety of people and lived experiences.
● Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite applications, Slack, Zoom).
● Available to work on occasional evenings, weekends and willing to travel within the Chicago metropolitan area.
● Experience with managing databases or similar customer relationship management (CRM) software.
● Some experience in assisting trainings, workshops, or meetings.
● Knowledge of Chicago community-based organizations working on racial, social, and economic justice.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary for this position begins at $40,000 - 45,000 based on experience. Benefits include generous paid sick and vacation time, health, dental, life/disability insurance, retirement contributions, annual professional development stipend, and flexible work environment. Crossroads Fund provides employment opportunities to all without regard to race, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, physical ability etc.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 29, 2021.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.